ElmsWild is a community woodland group working in the village of Elmswell.
Our group started in 2003 with help from the Suffolk charity Green Light Trust and is now a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (registration number 1152850).
ElmsWild is administered by a Board of Trustees who are all volunteers. Other volunteers help with various activities on an informal basis.
Our aims are to:
- Improve wildlife habitats and carry out surveys of local wildlife
- provide activities for children and young people, so that they experience nature on their doorstep and learn how to interact with it positively
- offer a place for recreation and healthy exercise, accessible to all
- bring people together to learn and pass on new skills
- foster pride in the local area and help create the heritage of the future.